Akkerman center drive slurry microtunnel systems (SLC) are designed to deliver maximum power directly to the rotating cutterhead and crushing chamber where it is needed. These systems use a proprietary water-cooled, variable frequency driven motor that is horsepower rated at the motor output coupled to a robust planetary gearbox for maximum torque while maintaining cutterhead speed.
- All SLC series microtunnel systems are remotely controlled and can be operated by one common Akkerman Microtunnel Control Center (MCC).
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encountered ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLC systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system. SL60C and larger also compatible with Akkerman AZ100 guidance system.
|SL30C||75 hp /|
|30 in /|
|SL34C||75 hp /|
|34 in /|
|SL36C||75 hp /|
|36 in /|
|SL38C||75 hp /|
|38.5 in /|
|SL44C||75 hp /|
|44 in /|
|SL51C||125 hp /|
|51 in /|
|SL60C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
The Tunneling Company USA, LLC
I have spent the majority of my career working in the trenchless construction industry. This has allowed me to work with Akkerman equipment and personnel, from field level all the way to my current General Manager role with The Tunneling Company USA, LLC. I have always found their equipment and their employees to be capable and up for the challenge. Whether it is working in the torturous climates or meeting urgent timelines, Akkerman can be relied on to help us achieve our goals.