Akkerman, Inc., headquartered in Brownsdale, Minnesota, is a privately-owned, worldwide manufacturer of pipe jacking and tunneling equipment that accurately installs a variety of underground infrastructure. Akkerman offers a comprehensive benefit package featuring health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, competitive wages, and a safe, clean, team-oriented working environment. Akkerman Inc. is an EEO employer.
Senior Field Technician
The Senior Field Technician is responsible to service and support all equipment sold by the company, off-site from the company location. Understanding Akkerman Inc. equipment will help support customer needs along with the ability to access important reference material relevant to the product. This is a full-time travel position with training in the main facility. The Senior Field Technician position should be able to perform the responsibilities and meet
qualifications of the position(s) below their current position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations, and repairs of Akkerman Inc. equipment including hands-on work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.
- Fully independent in the field with the ability to access appropriate reference material.
- Diagnose and repair all systems contained on equipment represented. Provide field service in a timely and courteous manner as directed by Service Manager, including weekend and after-hours service calls. Communicate directly with equipment owners, operators, and management and provide expert field service.
- Conduct training to customers for operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Install all parts and supplies required for equipment repairs. Use hand, power, and pneumatic tools properly.
- Complete and submit all required service-related documents in a timely manner. Use and maintain all manuals, schematics, and electronic media provided by company. Read and interpret hydraulic and electrical schematics and apply this knowledge to aid in the timely repair of all products represented.
- Participate in engineering design reviews and provide feedback on products when needed.
- Participate in project management groups when requested.
- Function day to day within company mandated safety guidelines. Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all traffic laws and follow proper travel etiquette when representing Akkerman.
- Basic computer skills, including the use of a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence, as well as proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Travel to customer site to perform, diagnose, and repair emergency maintenance on equipment.
- Complete required documentation timely and accurately, using the company computer system(s) and properly assess & report urgency of all needed repairs.
- Interact with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent and 5-7 years of troubleshooting industrial or commercial mechanical systems.
- Able to read schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to confined spaces with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to all weather conditions.
- Sound mechanical aptitude is a must.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- This is a travel position and will require domestic and international travel.
- Available to work alternative schedules including weekends, nights, and on-call hours is required.
Machinist – Night Shift
Akkerman Inc. is currently seeking to add an exceptional NIGHT SHIFT MACHINIST to its team of outstanding employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Be able to start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and shapers.
- Display the ability to identify and resolve problems and be able to implement effective improvements.
- Perform first piece part inspections.
- Use manual inspection gauges and measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- PC Dmis experience is a plus, but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of CNC lathe Machinist experience
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well with others
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Reliable, conscientious, and dedicated team contributor
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude to solve problems and embrace challenges
- A detail-oriented perfectionist who adheres to the philosophy of doing things right the first time
Night Shift operates three nights per week from 4:30PM to 5:00AM and includes shift differential pay. Akkerman offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation/Holidays, 401(k), competitive wages, and a safe, clean, and family-feel working environment.
Welder/Fabricator – Day Shift
4 days per week – 10 hour shifts
Are you looking for a Welding career in a unique industry? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your welding/fabricating skills?
Akkerman Inc. is currently seeking to add an exceptional Welder/Fabricator to its team of outstanding employees. Day shift operates 4 days per week from 6:30AM to 5:00PM Monday through Thursday. Overtime as needed on Fridays, generally until noon.
Welding Job Responsibilities:
- Weld and fabricate a wide variety of low-volume, heavy weldments.
- Utilize fabrication, torch, plasma cut as well as MIG welding tools.
- Review drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Take precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Plan proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Complete processes in a timely, yet high-quality fashion.
- Check output for quality assurance and documents or discard defects.
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Good attendance.
Akkerman Inc. is a privately-held third-generation family-owned Company based in Brownsdale, MN. Akkerman Inc. manufactures, sells, and supports tunneling and pipe jacking equipment used to install a variety of underground infrastructure throughout the world.
Akkerman Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Akkerman offers a comprehensive benefit package, including competitive wages, health plan, health savings account with Company contribution, dental, life insurance, paid vacation/Holidays, 401(k) with Company match, profit sharing, and a safe, clean, and family-feel working environment. The average tenure of an Akkerman employee is 14 years – people like working at Akkerman.
"*" indicates required fields