The GBM 240A is the industry-leading pilot tube system for accurately guiding horizontal auger bore equipment. With hundreds of systems being used globally, industry leaders rely on the accuracy and versatility that the 240A adds to their trenchless toolbox.
- Establish line and grade accuracy critical for gravity flow installations.
- Adjustable base frame adapter fits all major auger bore machines.
- Minimize project cost by reduced casing diameter requirements.
- Achieve longer auger bore installations with straight alignments.
- Avoid tripping augers to survey alignment and adjust for deviations during standard boring.
- Probe for obstructions or detail changing ground conditions along the alignment during the pilot tube installation.
- Utilize for several other trenchless installations such as guided pipe ramming, guided reaming, probing, pipe roofing, foundation securing, geothermal, etc.
- Utilize as a stand-alone system in a 10-ft shaft to direct install product pipe up to 24in OD.
- Installs pilot tubes in a wide range of ground conditions including rock.
GBM 240A Jacking Frame
|240A||10,500 ft-lbs.||100/50 ton||4,500‐lbs.|
|P4075D||75hp Diesel||(2) – Variable Piston||Remote Pendent|
|P100E||100hp Electric||(2) – Variable Piston||Remote Pendent|
|1525B/D||20hp Diesel||10gpm / 2,500 psi||525 gal.|
|1525B/E||20hp Electric||10gpm / 2,500 psi||525 gal.|
|1325B/G||14hp Gas||6gpm / 2,500 psi||325 gal.|
Lithos Engineering is focused on providing tunnel design and construction management for underground construction projects across the United States and has worked with many different tunnel contractors on projects of varying sizes and complexity. I am always happy
to see Akkerman equipment on our project sites and I know we can rely on Akkerman products for a high level of performance and reliability.
I had the pleasure of working with Akkerman on one of our projects for which they designed and constructed a project specific hard rock TBM for a curved water conveyance tunnel high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Akkerman not only provided great solutions and technical support for the project but was a pleasure to work with in a collaborative teaming environment that allowed us to not only reduce project risks but reduce construction costs and schedule. During that project, I visited the Akkerman production facility to inspect the TBM under construction; I was extremely impressed with the Akkerman management, staff, and systems for quality control. I look forward to a long future of working with Akkerman and their products on our tunneling projects.