Akkerman dual-wall tube design allows trenchless contractors to install pilot tubes with pinpoint accuracy while reducing pressures necessary for longer installations. The annular space between the inner and outer tube is used for a conduit for lubricants or compressed air for rock hammer operation. The inner tube is treated for corrosion resistance and sealed for a clear site path to the target located directly behind the steering head.
Pilot tube accessory kits are included in every Akkerman GBM hydraulic power pack. These kits include items such as a steering head kit for multiple ground conditions, nitrogen purge kit for extended drive lengths, reception shaft hydraulic break-out tool, and many other items that are useful for successful installations.
Pilot tubes are sold in easy to manage racks containing 30-lf or 100-lf racks.
- Compact design allows for maximum versatility and handling in tight working conditions.
- Sealed dual-wall design allowing fluid/air delivery and guidance system navigation.
- Robust triple start thread for easy and quick engagement.
- Versatile design allows pilot tubes to be used with all Pilot Tube Methods regardless of GBM jacking frame.
- Adapters available for non-displaceable ground and rock conditions.
- Includes caps, plugs, steel racking, and lifting provisions with all rack assemblies.
- Akkerman offers conversion kits for other competitor GBM frames.
Horizontal Pilot Tube Rack
Steering Head Kit
|Model||Diameter / Length||Thrust / Pull||Max Int. Torque / Weight|
|Pilot Tube||4.1 in. / 30 in.||100 ton / 50 ton||12,000 ft-lbs. / 75 lbs.|
|100 ft Rack||40 tubes / ea.||Horizontal Rack||3,300 lbs. per Rack|
|30 ft Rack||12 tubes / ea.||Vertical Rack||1,050 lbs. per Rack|
Super Excavators, Inc. has enjoyed a long partnership with Akkerman over the years. We originally bought a competitor’s microtunnel system and had nothing but problems with quality and service. Finally we called Akkerman and bought their SL36 microtunnel system. Since then we have never looked back. We have bought several other pieces of equipment from Akkerman. From GBM equipment to ABIS to several microtunnel cutting heads. They have been great working with our staff to customize the equipment for our specific needs. We have put their equipment to the test on several projects by pushing the envelope in long drive distances and very difficult ground conditions. The equipment has responded well and together we have made modifications to continue to improve on efficiency. In our business it is necessary to have people their when you need them. Akkerman has done a great job at supplying quality equipment and servicing our needs in a timely matter, helping keep our work on schedule.