Akkerman TBM cutter heads complement a full range of ground conditions. Cutter face tooling comprises robust and durable carbide gage cutter bits, clay spades, and disc cutters.
Carbide single and quad bar cutter heads feature rotating cutter arms for use in dry, dewater ground. A closed‐face cutter head is used in unstable ground to prevent subsidence into the TBM’s interior. Mixed‐ground disc cutter heads are used for high compressive strength geology, feature full‐face support, and heavy duty tooling options.
Project‐specific, custom cutter heads are available at request.
- Carbide single bar cutter head – spade tooling for dry, dewatered ground
- Carbide quad bar cutter head – high capacity bullet bit tooling for stiff, dry, and dewatered ground
- Closed‐Face Cutter Head – closeable hydraulic door to prevent subsidence from entering the tunnel, bullet bit and spade tooling for unstable ground
- Mixed‐Ground Disc Cutter Head – high capacity carbide scrapers, and disc cutters to fracture high compressive strength geology
Carbide Single Bar Cutter Head
Carbide Quad Bar Cutter Head
Closed‐Face Cutter Head
Mixed‐Ground Disc Cutter Head
In recent years we have acquired different spare parts for our Akkerman brand TBMs, which have allowed us to have the equipment ready. We have used our tunnel boring machines in 2 emergency projects recently:
- Completion of the construction of the El Valle Collector, with reinforced concrete pipe of 2.13 meters inside diameter for the municipality of Tlajomullo de Zuniga Jalisco.
- Construction of the Jamapa Collector in the municipality of Ecatepec de Morelos (New construction). With 1.22m RCP pipe.