The Akkerman SLS‐100 sliplining system allows easier, cleaner, faster, cheaper, and safer rehabilitation of 30‐102‐inches OD live sewers, the sliplining system aids to prolong the lifespan of failing infrastructure and eliminate the need for bypass pumping.
The modular sliplining frame can accommodate up to 20‐foot pipe joints for installation in either direction and features a retention winch and pipe clamp to assist with positioning and counterbalance flow force during installation.
Using a wireless remote controller with LCD screen, the operator controls the main drive, bidirectional travel, brakes, speed control, frame elevators, pipe clamp, winch, E‐Stop, and lighting. Two‐speed dual or quad motors and chain driven planetary gearboxes generate thrust force to advance pipe into position assisted by speed sensors for synchronized travel. Sliplining operations are powered by an Electric or Diesel Power Pack with three variable displacement pumps.
Our innovative SLS 100 system contains a standard or extended modular jacking frame.
To complete the Akkerman sliplining system, we offer custom manufactured provers, mandrels, pipe shield/savers for specific pipe internal diameters.
- Modular jacking frame can accommodate 30‐102‐in. OD pipe up to 20‐ft. in length using pipe spacers and frame extensions
- Two‐speed quad drive motors generate thrust force, and chain‐driven planetary gearboxes advance the pipe axially into position using a thrust ring
- Pipe elevators can lift to 20,000 lbs. and travel 12.5‐ft./min.
- The Modular Jacking Frame features electrical speed sensors for consistent travel
- The pipe is installed in either direction from one access pit
- Live remote access of data, data logs, graphs, and system documentation are transmitted via the modem with a cellular data network connection
SLS 100 Quad Drive
SLS 100 Electric Power Pack
SLS 100 Diesel Power Pack
SLS 100 Frames
|Main Thrust Drive||Weight|
|200/215 – Tier IV HP (148/160 kW)||10,000‐lbs.|
Our interaction with Akkerman began on a project where we were struggling with their competition’s machine. Changing machines during a project to their machine required a leap of faith on our part. That project completed 20 years ago turned out to be successful and propelled us into 20 years of completing scores of successful micro tunnel projects throughout North America. Providing many innovations throughout this time has allowed us to mine many geology types and increase drive distances with curves to over 2500 lf. I can attest 30 years ago, technology did not exist that today allows us to complete projects efficiently and at a lower cost. Their leadership in providing technically superior AMERICAN made equipment is second to none in the world today.