If you are in the trenchless industry, you are sure to be familiar with the legacy that Akkerman TBMs have created. While this time-tested and proven technology has been successfully installing thousands of tunnels around the world, we have been busy advancing the technology to maximize performance, expand capabilities, and increase versatility.
- TBMs can be used in pipe jacking or two-pass tunneling operation mode.
- Easy to operate. On-board manual control operation.
- Accurate and Reliable. Tunnel laser guidance with three-point sealed articulation.
- Interchangeable cutterhead. Standard cutter head is interchangeable underground if ground conditions change.
- Closed Face attachments and screw augers available for raveling ground.
- Disc Cutter Heads Available for rock up to 15,000 psi
- On-board methane gas detection system.
- Access to the face is readily available for obstruction removal.
- High capacity TBM bearing with powerful two-speed hydraulic drive system.
- Optional Earth Pressure Balance Mode to 1 bar.
- Increase kits are available for all TBM models. Akkerman will adjust diameters to match product pipe.
Tunnel Boring System
|Model||Torque Max||TBM OD (Nominal)||Mode|
|WM48SC||50,000 ft-lbf||48 in||Open / Closed Face|
|WM420D||53,000 ft-lbf||51-52.5 in||Open / Closed Face|
|WM480D/II||96,000 ft-lbf||58-60 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM540II||111,000 ft-lbf||65-66.5 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM600II||128,000 ft-lbf||72-74 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM720II||240,000 ft-lbf||86-88 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM840II||440,000 ft-lbf||96-98 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM960II||550,000 ft-lbf||114-116 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
- Increase kits are available.
- EPB Mode requires optional bulkhead kit.
Since the very first time we contacted Akkerman in 2006 they have been nothing but helpful! We did a RPO on a pilot tube system for a project and the rest is history. We have 3 pilot tube systems and other Akkerman equipment now and would not change a thing. They are a high-quality manufacturer, and they provide excellent after the sale support (to include supporting us on Akkerman equipment bought from other contractors) with in stock parts and technical assistance.