If you are in the trenchless industry, you are sure to be familiar with the legacy that Akkerman TBMs have created. While this time-tested and proven technology has been successfully installing thousands of tunnels around the world, we have been busy advancing the technology to maximize performance, expand capabilities, and increase versatility.
- TBMs can be used in pipe jacking or two-pass tunneling operation mode.
- Easy to operate. On-board manual control operation.
- Accurate and Reliable. Tunnel laser guidance with three-point sealed articulation.
- Interchangeable cutterhead. Standard cutter head is interchangeable underground if ground conditions change.
- Closed Face attachments and screw augers available for raveling ground.
- Disc Cutter Heads Available for rock up to 15,000 psi
- On-board methane gas detection system.
- Access to the face is readily available for obstruction removal.
- High capacity TBM bearing with powerful two-speed hydraulic drive system.
- Optional Earth Pressure Balance Mode to 1 bar.
- Increase kits are available for all TBM models. Akkerman will adjust diameters to match product pipe.
Tunnel Boring System
|Model||Torque Max||TBM OD (Nominal)||Mode|
|WM48SC||50,000 ft-lbf||48 in||Open / Closed Face|
|WM420D||53,000 ft-lbf||51-52.5 in||Open / Closed Face|
|WM480D/II||96,000 ft-lbf||58-60 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM540II||111,000 ft-lbf||65-66.5 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM600II||128,000 ft-lbf||72-74 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM720II||240,000 ft-lbf||86-88 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM840II||440,000 ft-lbf||96-98 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
|WM960II||550,000 ft-lbf||114-116 in||Open / EPB / Closed Face|
- Increase kits are available.
- EPB Mode requires optional bulkhead kit.
We have been using Akkerman trenchless equipment for as long as we’ve been in the game. From TBMs to GBMs and related equipment, there is no other manufacturer in our opinion. The technology and equipment capabilities continue to advance. Akkermans after market
support always takes the time to assess and provide solutions to any challenges we’ve encountered.