Microtunneling Intermediate Jacking Stations (IJSs) are inserted in the tunnel string at appropriate intervals to distribute thrust loads to facilitate longer drives. IJSs are custom‐fabricated to match a project’s exact pipe outside diameter.
Microtunneling IJSs are sealed to prevent intrusion of ground in the tunnel. They comprise a nonrecoverable steel housing with multiple ram segments, each exerts additional thrust, and are positioned on the steel housing interior ring.
The MTBM operator controls the IJS function from the control container console.
- Used to extend drive length potential by distributing thrust load for longer drives
- Sealed to prevent intrusion of ground into the tunnel
- Comprise a non‐recoverable steel housing with multiples of ram segments that each exert 60‐tons of thrust
- Customized to match the outside diameter of the project pipe
Microtunneling Intermediate Jacking Stations (IJSs)
In recent years we have acquired different spare parts for our Akkerman brand TBMs, which have allowed us to have the equipment ready. We have used our tunnel boring machines in 2 emergency projects recently:
- Completion of the construction of the El Valle Collector, with reinforced concrete pipe of 2.13 meters inside diameter for the municipality of Tlajomullo de Zuniga Jalisco.
- Construction of the Jamapa Collector in the municipality of Ecatepec de Morelos (New construction). With 1.22m RCP pipe.