Akkerman MTBM jacking frames are built to deliver high thrust capacity while minimizing launch shaft requirements. The multi-cylinders keyhole design applies thrust loads through the center of the pipe axis minimizing stress concentration on pipe joints. MTBM jacking frames are remotely controlled from the surface or can be pendent controlled from a power pack and used for other pipejacking methods with a service bay attachment.
- Keyed thrust cylinders are interchangeable between each unit reducing cost.
- Additional thrust cylinders can be added on MT8102K and larger jacking frames to increase thrust capacity for extended drives.
- Curved or Flat reaction walls are optional.
- Hydraulic plumbing is efficiently routed and provided synchronized operation of cylinders.
- Auxiliary hydraulics allow quick pullback of thrust block or operation and portal seal pipe break.
- Hi-Flow return valve allows quick cycle times between thrusting.
- Reaction wall designed for tunnel guidance system placement and tool storage.
- Standard pipe length is 10-ft. Extension kits available up to 20-ft pipe sets.
- Service bays available for TBM projects.
- Frame designed for in-shaft assembly to reduce crane size requirement.
- Minimum Shaft Size: Varies on configuration. 16-ft to 24-ft
|Model||Thrust||Pipe OD||Est. Weight|
|MT 460K||400 ton||30-60 in.||27,000 lbs.|
|MT860K||800 ton||30-60 in.||30,000 lbs.|
|MT875K||800 ton||60-75 in.||40,000 lbs.|
|MT890K||800 ton||75-90 in.||43,500 lbs.|
|MT8102K||1200 ton||90-102 in.||58,000 lbs.|
|MT8108K||1200 ton||90-108 in.||72,500 lbs.|
|MT8114K||1200 ton||102-114 in.||75,000 lbs.|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
Super Excavators, Inc. has enjoyed a long partnership with Akkerman over the years. We originally bought a competitor’s microtunnel system and had nothing but problems with quality and service. Finally we called Akkerman and bought their SL36 microtunnel system. Since then we have never looked back. We have bought several other pieces of equipment from Akkerman. From GBM equipment to ABIS to several microtunnel cutting heads. They have been great working with our staff to customize the equipment for our specific needs. We have put their equipment to the test on several projects by pushing the envelope in long drive distances and very difficult ground conditions. The equipment has responded well and together we have made modifications to continue to improve on efficiency. In our business it is necessary to have people their when you need them. Akkerman has done a great job at supplying quality equipment and servicing our needs in a timely matter, helping keep our work on schedule.