Akkerman MTBM jacking frames are built to deliver high thrust capacity while minimizing launch shaft requirements. The multi-cylinders keyhole design applies thrust loads through the center of the pipe axis minimizing stress concentration on pipe joints. MTBM jacking frames are remotely controlled from the surface or can be pendent controlled from a power pack and used for other pipejacking methods with a service bay attachment.
- Keyed thrust cylinders are interchangeable between each unit reducing cost.
- Additional thrust cylinders can be added on MT8102K and larger jacking frames to increase thrust capacity for extended drives.
- Curved or Flat reaction walls are optional.
- Hydraulic plumbing is efficiently routed and provided synchronized operation of cylinders.
- Auxiliary hydraulics allow quick pullback of thrust block or operation and portal seal pipe break.
- Hi-Flow return valve allows quick cycle times between thrusting.
- Reaction wall designed for tunnel guidance system placement and tool storage.
- Standard pipe length is 10-ft. Extension kits available up to 20-ft pipe sets.
- Service bays available for TBM projects.
- Frame designed for in-shaft assembly to reduce crane size requirement.
- Minimum Shaft Size: Varies on configuration. 16-ft to 24-ft
|Model||Thrust||Pipe OD||Est. Weight|
|MT 460K||400 ton||30-60 in.||27,000 lbs.|
|MT860K||800 ton||30-60 in.||30,000 lbs.|
|MT875K||800 ton||60-75 in.||40,000 lbs.|
|MT890K||800 ton||75-90 in.||43,500 lbs.|
|MT8102K||1200 ton||90-102 in.||58,000 lbs.|
|MT8108K||1200 ton||90-108 in.||72,500 lbs.|
|MT8114K||1200 ton||102-114 in.||75,000 lbs.|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
I have been working in the underground construction for the past 40 years. In the last 25 years I’ve been involved with all kinds of tunneling operations. Hand mine tunnels using jacking equipment, wood box tunnels dug by hand. But my favorite type of tunneling is MTBM’s. I have been working with and around Akkerman tunnel machines from 120” wheeled machines all the way down to the 48” SC tunnel machine. We’ve done successful runs in ranges from 200’ to 800’ with no problems. In all my years of tunneling we have never had a failure of equipment to cause us any down time. When we have had issues with mechanical parts or service needed Akkerman can usually get you the parts pretty quickly and technicians can get on a plane and help you out also. The team at Akkerman is always ready to answer any questions or problems you may have. They can help you decide on what equipment might work best for your particular job needs. I’ve also been involved with the GBM equipment we have run 32” PCH installing 30” Hobas pipe and also 44” PCH installing 42” Hobas pipe. We have had great success with GBM runs up to 500’ in length. Our last purchase was a new 5200 series jacking frame and 60” series 2 MTBM. We chose Akkerman for this equipment for our past experience and the fact they are made in the USA and can service us quickly. It truly has been great working with Akkerman.