Akkerman periphery drive slurry microtunneling systems (SLP) are designed to deliver powerful performance for extended distances and curved alignments. These units include an on-board power pack with remotely selectable torque ranges to conquer changing ground conditions. Like all Akkerman microtunneling systems, the SLP lineup is fully remote-controlled from the surface and offers face access for cutterhead inspection, tool replacement, or obstruction removal.
- All SLP series microtunneling systems use the same Akkerman Microtunnel Control Container (MCC) as SLC models with the addition of a remotely controlled periphery drive power booster container.
- Airlock kits available for pipe diameters of 78in ID and larger per PVHO and OSHA standards.
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encounter ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible with sealed adapters.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLP systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system.
|SL60P||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74P||400 hp /|
|74 in /|
|SL82P||400 hp /|
|82 in /|
|SL86P||400 hp /|
|86 in /|
|SL96P||500 hp /|
|96 in /|
|SL114P||500 hp /|
|114 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
The most important lesson I have learned throughout my 30-year career in the trenchless field is the value of a true partner. Akkerman’s team approach and care for their customers make them the perfect business partner. They are always looking out for our best interest and are committed to the success of every project!