Akkerman periphery drive slurry microtunneling systems (SLP) are designed to deliver powerful performance for extended distances and curved alignments. These units include an on-board power pack with remotely selectable torque ranges to conquer changing ground conditions. Like all Akkerman microtunneling systems, the SLP lineup is fully remote-controlled from the surface and offers face access for cutterhead inspection, tool replacement, or obstruction removal.
- All SLP series microtunneling systems use the same Akkerman Microtunnel Control Container (MCC) as SLC models with the addition of a remotely controlled periphery drive power booster container.
- Airlock kits available for pipe diameters of 78in ID and larger per PVHO and OSHA standards.
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encounter ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible with sealed adapters.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLP systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system.
|SL60P||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74P||400 hp /|
|74 in /|
|SL82P||400 hp /|
|82 in /|
|SL86P||400 hp /|
|86 in /|
|SL96P||500 hp /|
|96 in /|
|SL114P||500 hp /|
|114 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
Lithos Engineering is focused on providing tunnel design and construction management for underground construction projects across the United States and has worked with many different tunnel contractors on projects of varying sizes and complexity. I am always happy
to see Akkerman equipment on our project sites and I know we can rely on Akkerman products for a high level of performance and reliability.
I had the pleasure of working with Akkerman on one of our projects for which they designed and constructed a project specific hard rock TBM for a curved water conveyance tunnel high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Akkerman not only provided great solutions and technical support for the project but was a pleasure to work with in a collaborative teaming environment that allowed us to not only reduce project risks but reduce construction costs and schedule. During that project, I visited the Akkerman production facility to inspect the TBM under construction; I was extremely impressed with the Akkerman management, staff, and systems for quality control. I look forward to a long future of working with Akkerman and their products on our tunneling projects.