Akkerman periphery drive slurry microtunneling systems (SLP) are designed to deliver powerful performance for extended distances and curved alignments. These units include an on-board power pack with remotely selectable torque ranges to conquer changing ground conditions. Like all Akkerman microtunneling systems, the SLP lineup is fully remote-controlled from the surface and offers face access for cutterhead inspection, tool replacement, or obstruction removal.
- All SLP series microtunneling systems use the same Akkerman Microtunnel Control Container (MCC) as SLC models with the addition of a remotely controlled periphery drive power booster container.
- Airlock kits available for pipe diameters of 78in ID and larger per PVHO and OSHA standards.
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encounter ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible with sealed adapters.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLP systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system.
|SL60P||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74P||400 hp /|
|74 in /|
|SL82P||400 hp /|
|82 in /|
|SL86P||400 hp /|
|86 in /|
|SL96P||500 hp /|
|96 in /|
|SL114P||500 hp /|
|114 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
I have been working in the underground construction for the past 40 years. In the last 25 years I’ve been involved with all kinds of tunneling operations. Hand mine tunnels using jacking equipment, wood box tunnels dug by hand. But my favorite type of tunneling is MTBM’s. I have been working with and around Akkerman tunnel machines from 120” wheeled machines all the way down to the 48” SC tunnel machine. We’ve done successful runs in ranges from 200’ to 800’ with no problems. In all my years of tunneling we have never had a failure of equipment to cause us any down time. When we have had issues with mechanical parts or service needed Akkerman can usually get you the parts pretty quickly and technicians can get on a plane and help you out also. The team at Akkerman is always ready to answer any questions or problems you may have. They can help you decide on what equipment might work best for your particular job needs. I’ve also been involved with the GBM equipment we have run 32” PCH installing 30” Hobas pipe and also 44” PCH installing 42” Hobas pipe. We have had great success with GBM runs up to 500’ in length. Our last purchase was a new 5200 series jacking frame and 60” series 2 MTBM. We chose Akkerman for this equipment for our past experience and the fact they are made in the USA and can service us quickly. It truly has been great working with Akkerman.