Akkerman center drive slurry microtunnel systems (SLC) are designed to deliver maximum power directly to the rotating cutterhead and crushing chamber where it is needed. These systems use a proprietary water-cooled, variable frequency driven motor that is horsepower rated at the motor output coupled to a robust planetary gearbox for maximum torque while maintaining cutterhead speed.
- All SLC series microtunnel systems are remotely controlled and can be operated by one common Akkerman Microtunnel Control Center (MCC).
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encountered ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLC systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system. SL60C and larger also compatible with Akkerman AZ100 guidance system.
|SL30C||75 hp /|
|30 in /|
|SL34C||75 hp /|
|34 in /|
|SL36C||75 hp /|
|36 in /|
|SL38C||75 hp /|
|38.5 in /|
|SL44C||75 hp /|
|44 in /|
|SL51C||125 hp /|
|51 in /|
|SL60C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
Super Excavators, Inc. has enjoyed a long partnership with Akkerman over the years. We originally bought a competitor’s microtunnel system and had nothing but problems with quality and service. Finally we called Akkerman and bought their SL36 microtunnel system. Since then we have never looked back. We have bought several other pieces of equipment from Akkerman. From GBM equipment to ABIS to several microtunnel cutting heads. They have been great working with our staff to customize the equipment for our specific needs. We have put their equipment to the test on several projects by pushing the envelope in long drive distances and very difficult ground conditions. The equipment has responded well and together we have made modifications to continue to improve on efficiency. In our business it is necessary to have people their when you need them. Akkerman has done a great job at supplying quality equipment and servicing our needs in a timely matter, helping keep our work on schedule.