Akkerman center drive slurry microtunnel systems (SLC) are designed to deliver maximum power directly to the rotating cutterhead and crushing chamber where it is needed. These systems use a proprietary water-cooled, variable frequency driven motor that is horsepower rated at the motor output coupled to a robust planetary gearbox for maximum torque while maintaining cutterhead speed.
- All SLC series microtunnel systems are remotely controlled and can be operated by one common Akkerman Microtunnel Control Center (MCC).
- Sizing kits available to accommodate multiple diameters with one MTBM.
- Interchangeable cutterhead types: Soft Ground, Mixed Face, Rock
- Selectable high pressure jetting nozzles to assist ground flow and cutting in cohesive soils.
- Variable flow slurry routing to control hydrostatic balance to cutting head or plenum chamber based on encountered ground conditions.
- Sealing system to 3 bar capacity. Underwater retrieval compatible.
- Mechanical and hydrostatic balancing with remote monitoring.
- Active MTBM monitoring and report generation including gas detection, roll, slurry monitoring, steering position, guidance, electrical connectivity, and more.
- All SLC systems compatible with Akkerman TGS guidance system. SL60C and larger also compatible with Akkerman AZ100 guidance system.
|SL30C||75 hp /|
|30 in /|
|SL34C||75 hp /|
|34 in /|
|SL36C||75 hp /|
|36 in /|
|SL38C||75 hp /|
|38.5 in /|
|SL44C||75 hp /|
|44 in /|
|SL51C||125 hp /|
|51 in /|
|SL60C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
|SL74C||250 hp /|
|60 in /|
- Weights dependent on configuration of final unit.
I have used TBM equipment since 1996 for the installing pipes from 1.22 m to 2.44 m of internal diameter, they are very efficient in clays and silts with a high content of humidity.
I have also used GBM systems for driving smaller diameters in soils soft from the Valley of Mexico and are suitable for these conditions.