The Rock Drill Adapter (RDA) allows Akkerman pilot tube systems to accurately drill in rock formations using TriHawk® steering head technology that is commercially available. The RDA is designed to use Akkerman’s existing GBM guidance system or the contractor can choose to operate with a Sonde housing for extreme conditions.
- The Rock Drill Adapter features a bolt-less, square drive spline to accept TriHawk® I, III, IV, and V steering heads.
- Suitable for densely compacted soils, soft rock, claystone, stone, limestone, and shale.
- A small annulus is cut around the pilot tubes requiring minimal amount of lubricant flushing suitable for Akkerman lubrication pumps.
- Easily adapted to all Akkerman GBM systems regardless of date of manufacture.
- Low thrust pressures required for tool engagement. All new Akkerman GBM systems come equipped with an RDA jacking pressure control assembly for smooth operation.
RDA Drill Adapter
|Model||Ground||Bit Type||Cut Diameter|
|TriHawk® I||Compacted Soils, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide & Replaceable Bullet Teeth||5.12 in|
|TriHawk® II||Hard Soil, Soft Rock||Replaceable Bullet Teeth w/ Hard Facing||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® IV||Till, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® V||Gravel, Loose Fill, Dense Soil||Embedded Carbide||4.8 in|
The Tunneling Company USA, LLC
I have spent the majority of my career working in the trenchless construction industry. This has allowed me to work with Akkerman equipment and personnel, from field level all the way to my current General Manager role with The Tunneling Company USA, LLC. I have always found their equipment and their employees to be capable and up for the challenge. Whether it is working in the torturous climates or meeting urgent timelines, Akkerman can be relied on to help us achieve our goals.