The Rock Drill Adapter (RDA) allows Akkerman pilot tube systems to accurately drill in rock formations using TriHawk® steering head technology that is commercially available. The RDA is designed to use Akkerman’s existing GBM guidance system or the contractor can choose to operate with a Sonde housing for extreme conditions.
- The Rock Drill Adapter features a bolt-less, square drive spline to accept TriHawk® I, III, IV, and V steering heads.
- Suitable for densely compacted soils, soft rock, claystone, stone, limestone, and shale.
- A small annulus is cut around the pilot tubes requiring minimal amount of lubricant flushing suitable for Akkerman lubrication pumps.
- Easily adapted to all Akkerman GBM systems regardless of date of manufacture.
- Low thrust pressures required for tool engagement. All new Akkerman GBM systems come equipped with an RDA jacking pressure control assembly for smooth operation.
RDA Drill Adapter
|Model||Ground||Bit Type||Cut Diameter|
|TriHawk® I||Compacted Soils, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide & Replaceable Bullet Teeth||5.12 in|
|TriHawk® II||Hard Soil, Soft Rock||Replaceable Bullet Teeth w/ Hard Facing||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® IV||Till, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® V||Gravel, Loose Fill, Dense Soil||Embedded Carbide||4.8 in|
The most important lesson I have learned throughout my 30-year career in the trenchless field is the value of a true partner. Akkerman’s team approach and care for their customers make them the perfect business partner. They are always looking out for our best interest and are committed to the success of every project!