The Rock Drill Adapter (RDA) allows Akkerman pilot tube systems to accurately drill in rock formations using TriHawk® steering head technology that is commercially available. The RDA is designed to use Akkerman’s existing GBM guidance system or the contractor can choose to operate with a Sonde housing for extreme conditions.
- The Rock Drill Adapter features a bolt-less, square drive spline to accept TriHawk® I, III, IV, and V steering heads.
- Suitable for densely compacted soils, soft rock, claystone, stone, limestone, and shale.
- A small annulus is cut around the pilot tubes requiring minimal amount of lubricant flushing suitable for Akkerman lubrication pumps.
- Easily adapted to all Akkerman GBM systems regardless of date of manufacture.
- Low thrust pressures required for tool engagement. All new Akkerman GBM systems come equipped with an RDA jacking pressure control assembly for smooth operation.
RDA Drill Adapter
|Model||Ground||Bit Type||Cut Diameter|
|TriHawk® I||Compacted Soils, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide & Replaceable Bullet Teeth||5.12 in|
|TriHawk® III||Hard Soil, Soft Rock||Replaceable Bullet Teeth w/ Hard Facing||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® IV||Till, Cobble, Soft Rock||Embedded Carbide||5.5 in|
|TriHawk® V||Gravel, Loose Fill, Dense Soil||Embedded Carbide||4.8 in|
Akkerman’s equipment is top of the line and their service is second to none. Even working with their equipment in a different country, during a pandemic, their service and support helped get us through some challenging spots with some creative solutions.