Akkerman 5200 Series Pump Units are one of the most important tools a contractor can have in their trenchless toolbox. This versatile system provides hydraulic power to the tunnel boring machine while simultaneously advancing the pipe string in one unit.
The 5200 pump unit mounts on Akkerman’s robust 5000 series skid that is extendable for any pipe length and is paired with a thrust yoke to match the pipe diameter of the installation. The thrust yoke transfers the thrust from the hydraulic cylinders inside the 5200 pump unit while providing a service bay to accommodate spoil removal.
- 5200 Series Pump Unit is designed to work with all Akkerman pipe jacking TBM diameters.
- Powerful boring head hydraulic feed supply with multiple flow and pressure settings to accommodate Akkerman Series I and Series II TBM systems.
- Simple operator controls for boring head supply, jacking system, intermediate jacking system, and auxiliary functions.
- Multiple hydraulic flow modes including 30/60/90/120gpm. Optional 200hp upgrade for large diameter TBM requirements.
- Advanced hydraulic oil filtration, hydraulic oil cooling, system monitoring, and operator features.
- Great for hand mining operations, slip jacking, final pipe installations, stand-alone hydraulic power pack requirements, or with other pipe jacking methods such as guided boring and microtunneling.
5200 Pump Unit
5200 Series Skid
5200 Series Yoke
5200 Pump Unit
|5200 PU||36-168 in||400 ton||17,200 lbs.|
|+200hp PP||72-168 in|
- Increases Boring Head Power
5200 Series Skid Base Options
|SK-22.5||36-168 in||22.5 ft||12,600 lbs|
|SK-7.5||36-168 in||7.5 ft||4,500 lbs|
|SK-2.5||36-168 in||7.5 ft||1,500 lbs|
5200 Series Thrust Yoke Options
|Model||Nom. Pipe||OD Range||Weight|
|360||36 in. RCP||44-51 in||3,150 lbs|
|420||42 in. RCP||51-58 in||3,250 lbs|
|480||48 in. RCP||58-65 in||3,350 lbs|
|540||54 in. RCP||65-72 in||3,500 lbs|
|600||60 in. RCP||72-86 in||3,700 lbs|
|660||66 in. RCP||78-86 in||3,750 lbs|
|720||72 in. RCP||86-96 in||5,000 lbs|
|840||84 in. RCP||96-120 in||6,500 lbs|
|960||96 in. RCP||114-128 in||8,500 lbs|
- Weights and Ranges may vary based on project detail.
- Yokes can be customized to fit most jacking pipe.
I have been working in the underground construction for the past 40 years. In the last 25 years I’ve been involved with all kinds of tunneling operations. Hand mine tunnels using jacking equipment, wood box tunnels dug by hand. But my favorite type of tunneling is MTBM’s. I have been working with and around Akkerman tunnel machines from 120” wheeled machines all the way down to the 48” SC tunnel machine. We’ve done successful runs in ranges from 200’ to 800’ with no problems. In all my years of tunneling we have never had a failure of equipment to cause us any down time. When we have had issues with mechanical parts or service needed Akkerman can usually get you the parts pretty quickly and technicians can get on a plane and help you out also. The team at Akkerman is always ready to answer any questions or problems you may have. They can help you decide on what equipment might work best for your particular job needs. I’ve also been involved with the GBM equipment we have run 32” PCH installing 30” Hobas pipe and also 44” PCH installing 42” Hobas pipe. We have had great success with GBM runs up to 500’ in length. Our last purchase was a new 5200 series jacking frame and 60” series 2 MTBM. We chose Akkerman for this equipment for our past experience and the fact they are made in the USA and can service us quickly. It truly has been great working with Akkerman.