The Rock Boring Unit (RBU) makes it possible to use any manufacturer’s auger boring equipment to install a range of common diameter steel casing pipe in high compressive geology. The RBU features 6.5‐in. disc cutters, muck scrapers, a high capacity main bearing, and water‐jetting to advance pipe through rigorous ground conditions. The RBU performs well in rock and varying challenging ground conditions.
Water‐jetting actively cools the cutter head tooling and bearing assembly resulting in extended performance, reduced wear, and lower operating costs.
- Use any auger boring machine to install 24‐48‐in. steel casing
- Robust design with high capacity thrust load disc cutters to fracture rock into cuttings aggressively
- Cutter head rock scrapers assist in transferring cuttings away from the face to the inlet cavity, to the lead auger for removal
- Fluid connection ports for cooling the bearing assembly for longer life and cleaning the disc cutters in clay/silt ground conditions
- RBUs are inventoried and available for global sales with rental options in North America
|Model||Casing Diamter||Thrust /|
|RBU 24||24 in||25 ton /|
|RBU 30||30 in||25 ton /|
|RBU 36||36 in||34 ton /|
|RBU 42||42 in||45 ton /|
|RBU 48||48 in||50 ton /|
I have used TBM equipment since 1996 for the installing pipes from 1.22 m to 2.44 m of internal diameter, they are very efficient in clays and silts with a high content of humidity.
I have also used GBM systems for driving smaller diameters in soils soft from the Valley of Mexico and are suitable for these conditions.