The Rock Boring Unit (RBU) makes it possible to use any manufacturer’s auger boring equipment to install a range of common diameter steel casing pipe in high compressive geology. The RBU features 6.5‐in. disc cutters, muck scrapers, a high capacity main bearing, and water‐jetting to advance pipe through rigorous ground conditions. The RBU performs well in rock and varying challenging ground conditions.
Water‐jetting actively cools the cutter head tooling and bearing assembly resulting in extended performance, reduced wear, and lower operating costs.
- Use any auger boring machine to install 24‐48‐in. steel casing
- Robust design with high capacity thrust load disc cutters to fracture rock into cuttings aggressively
- Cutter head rock scrapers assist in transferring cuttings away from the face to the inlet cavity, to the lead auger for removal
- Fluid connection ports for cooling the bearing assembly for longer life and cleaning the disc cutters in clay/silt ground conditions
- RBUs are inventoried and available for global sales with rental options in North America
|Model||Casing Diamter||Thrust /|
|RBU 24||24 in||25 ton /|
|RBU 30||30 in||25 ton /|
|RBU 36||36 in||34 ton /|
|RBU 42||42 in||45 ton /|
|RBU 48||48 in||50 ton /|
Super Excavators, Inc. has enjoyed a long partnership with Akkerman over the years. We originally bought a competitor’s microtunnel system and had nothing but problems with quality and service. Finally we called Akkerman and bought their SL36 microtunnel system. Since then we have never looked back. We have bought several other pieces of equipment from Akkerman. From GBM equipment to ABIS to several microtunnel cutting heads. They have been great working with our staff to customize the equipment for our specific needs. We have put their equipment to the test on several projects by pushing the envelope in long drive distances and very difficult ground conditions. The equipment has responded well and together we have made modifications to continue to improve on efficiency. In our business it is necessary to have people their when you need them. Akkerman has done a great job at supplying quality equipment and servicing our needs in a timely matter, helping keep our work on schedule.