The Akkerman Bentonite Injection System (ABIS) delivers precision bentonite injection at optimal tunnel intervals to reduce jacking forces and facilitate efficient and extended length pipe jacking using touch screen functionality from the system monitor.
ABIS system is comprised of a Control Skid housing with flow meter and Monitor Touch Screen. The ABIS system connects to 10 Remote Station Control Boxes, each with three linked Automated Injection Ball Valve Assemblies for point flow distribution onto the pipe annulus and at the Intermediate Jacking Stations
- ABIS package delivers totalized flow control at each valve location using touch screen functionality from the system monitor
- Monitor Touch Screen controls valve injection volume and displays valve flow volume, pressure and injection sequence, IJS extend and retract, and tunnel lighting
- Standard configuration equips contractors with components for a 2,000‐lf. tunnel, and the flexibility to suit a variety of project conditions
- ABIS system safely removes the operators from the tunnel interior
- Logs cumulative dates and times, station valve injection, totalized volume and pressures, and IJS pressure and displacement data
Akkerman Bentonite Injection System (ABIS)
|Power In/Out||Skid Dimensions (L x W x H)|
|120 VAC, single phase||40 x 26 x 36-in.|
Super Excavators, Inc. has enjoyed a long partnership with Akkerman over the years. We originally bought a competitor’s microtunnel system and had nothing but problems with quality and service. Finally we called Akkerman and bought their SL36 microtunnel system. Since then we have never looked back. We have bought several other pieces of equipment from Akkerman. From GBM equipment to ABIS to several microtunnel cutting heads. They have been great working with our staff to customize the equipment for our specific needs. We have put their equipment to the test on several projects by pushing the envelope in long drive distances and very difficult ground conditions. The equipment has responded well and together we have made modifications to continue to improve on efficiency. In our business it is necessary to have people their when you need them. Akkerman has done a great job at supplying quality equipment and servicing our needs in a timely matter, helping keep our work on schedule.