The Akkerman Bentonite Injection System (ABIS) delivers precision bentonite injection at optimal tunnel intervals to reduce jacking forces and facilitate efficient and extended length pipe jacking using touch screen functionality from the system monitor.
ABIS system is comprised of a Control Skid housing with flow meter and Monitor Touch Screen. The ABIS system connects to 10 Remote Station Control Boxes, each with three linked Automated Injection Ball Valve Assemblies for point flow distribution onto the pipe annulus and at the Intermediate Jacking Stations
- ABIS package delivers totalized flow control at each valve location using touch screen functionality from the system monitor
- Monitor Touch Screen controls valve injection volume and displays valve flow volume, pressure and injection sequence, IJS extend and retract, and tunnel lighting
- Standard configuration equips contractors with components for a 2,000‐lf. tunnel, and the flexibility to suit a variety of project conditions
- ABIS system safely removes the operators from the tunnel interior
- Logs cumulative dates and times, station valve injection, totalized volume and pressures, and IJS pressure and displacement data
Akkerman Bentonite Injection System (ABIS)
|Power In/Out||Skid Dimensions (L x W x H)|
|120 VAC, single phase||40 x 26 x 36-in.|
Akkerman gives us the small company feel by paying attention to details and being there to solve problems, but at the same time backs us like a large company with quick response and resources to complete the job. That is why we use Akkerman, not only for their industry leading equipment, but their industry leading support.